Workshops & presentations
Bring Indi to your team or organization. She has been the keynote speaker for dozens of conferences and events. Indi conducts workshops, both on-site and remote. You can set up a workshop for your company, organization, university, association, or conference. There are several topics to choose from.
Indi has delivered more than two dozen keynote presentations at various company from Fortune 500, to small start-up helping to galvanize teams toward a more meaningful future.
I have several different approaches in my presentations, depending on my audience. Each presentation covers the same concepts of how to harness certain kinds of empathy in your work, but with different emphasis and reasoning.
- Reassuring – for people who actively distrust the value, to explain how these concepts are useful, not just fluff
- Vision, Inspiring – for people who are actively seeking new ways to make their services & products better
- Vocabulary Mindfulness – for practitioners who are always seeking to take their skills and knowledge to the next level
I use Zoom to present for either 45 or 60 minutes, followed by either 15 or 30 minutes of discussion and Q&A.
Fee: USD$300 – $470 Depends on length of talk and whether payment will be made from an international credit card or account.
In-person corporate presentations
I offer in-person presentations at locations within a 2-hour drive of San Francisco. For more distant locations, the fee increases and travel expenses must be covered.
Fee: USD$1,500 -3,600 Depends on distance of travel, length of talk, and whether my presence will be required for the remainder of the day.
Discounted fee is available when the conference organizers also host one of my half-day workshops. All travel expenses must be covered.
Fee: USD$1,500 -10,000 Depends on distance of travel whether payment will be made from an international credit card or account.
This is a practical review for teams who have done problem-facing research before with techniques such as listening sessions and mental model diagrams. If it has been a while since your last problem-facing study, Indi can get you back up to speed.
Before the refresher, we will chat about your team members and about your past studies. Indi will create the content and recommend a length for the refresher based on your team’s needs.
Indi’s workshops always include spontaneous discussion as participants consider how the ideas might be applicable within their own work. Part of the process for seeing a new perspective is taking the time to reconcile it with your existing approaches—especially between cultures. Indi has been teaching global professionals for years. She takes care of the people in her workshop to ensure this kind of cogitation is given support.
How does it work?
1.5 or 2 hour lecture that fits into your day (only available in the San Francisco Bay Area or with remote-instructor).
If you have time constraints, this is 3.5 hours of lecture, class exercises, and discussion (only available in the San Francisco Bay Area or with remote-instructor)
Your team is coming together, perhaps for an event, and this is a great add-on educational day; 7.5 hours of lecture, class exercises, examples, and discussion
Spend a day learning, then a day applying what you learned to your own projects, with Indi as a guide
Offer an inexpensive way for members of your association or org to attend a local workshop, where your group gathers locally and Indi appears as a remote instructor (half-day to accommodate time zones, or two half-days). Learn more.
- Mental Model Diagrams learn how to use listening sessions, mental model diagrams, and thinking-style behavioral audience segments as the tools to achieve clarity about the problem space your solution supports
- Why Qualitative & Problem Space Research? – vocabulary and framing that gives you confidence recommending and using qualitative data, positioning it on the same level as quantitative data
- Listening Sessions – for designers, product owners, researchers & developers: learn how to identify the kind of information you are hearing, how to build rapport and guide a Speaker into depth
- Empathy Among Team Members – focus on improving how you understand and work with your peers, direct reports, and managers
- Bias-free Qualitative Data Analysis – for researchers, an intense primer on how to do proper qualitative data analysis (for less intensity, take the two-part advanced course)
- Thinking Styles vs. Personas – use demographics-free thinking-styles to help your organization become aware of and support broader sets of people
I want to hear from you about how to make my workshops even stronger. This is a three-minute feedback form.
Are you a podcaster or a community organizer?
How can I help you?
Tell me about your problem, and I will get in touch as soon as I can.