Thinking styles intro
Why this workshop
It is not a secret that often personas are built in a day using quantitative data and invented “decorative” detail. This workshop introduces your team to thinking styles, an unbiased way to include the diversity of mindsets of people you seek to support.
The following articles give you an overview of thinking styles
Create a better understanding of who you might serve
What you will learn
In this workshop we will look at what goes into a bias free thinking style. You will see how to build thinking styles, how to use them, and how you can test your existing personas for validity.
- The problem with personas
- The prevalence of demographic assumptions
- Example thinking styles
- Necessary data characteristics
- Forming thinking-styles
- Transfer existing research into personas
This is a preformatted workshop.
- Presentation with slides and method
- Exercises in recognizing elements of personas and thinking styles
- Online: $4000 ( $400 extreme currency exchange )
- In-person: currently not available
Note: If you are a conference organizer, or if you have serious budget constraints, we can figure it out.
How to bring this workshop to your team
- Fill out the request form.
- We will reach out to answer any questions, and settle on a date, time (across time zones) & fee.
- Sign the contract (we can use your contract or Indi’s, depending on your procurement system)
- You will provide a one-page describing what team members are concerned about that makes them want this workshop.
- Workshop occurs
- Invoice & payment
Do you need more in depth training in cognitive empathy and listening? Check out Indi’s course “Listening Deeply.